Safe Origami Shelter (SOS) Concept
U.S. Patent Pending # 62769938
1) Our SOS design blends perfectly into existing classroom décor; therefore, it is not noticeable that this is a bulletproof shelter is in place. The proposed constructed material for wall panel is combination of our highly rated Poly-Ethylene and steel plates.
2) During an emergency, the SOS wall panels can be unfolded and converted easily into an effective "bulletproof" shelter by a simple push-slide action.
3) The built-in triangular roof panels form a stable roof-top that completely shields the shelter from top and converts panels into a tight "bulletproof" shelter. SOS plates are locked from inside; therefore, it cannot be opened from outside.
4) Once inside, a teacher or a student can lock the shelter and can monitor exterior of the classroom by built-in camera/monitor set up, and teacher/students can communicate with school's command center via an intercom built inside the "bulletproof" shelter.
5) Our SOS can be installed in any classrooms and office environment where people gather to study, work and play. The above example of three-panel design creates approximately 50 sq. ft. of interior space, and the shelter will hold approximately 30-40 students standing comfortably.
6) The SOS shelter is a temporary measure during an emergency shooting incident, and it is not designed to be a permanent shelter. The convenient factor is that is flat when it is not used; therefore, it dopes not take any space in classrooms or in office settings.